Be a Shamgar (1)

Be a Shamgar (1)

“Shamgar…struck down six hundred Philistines with an oxgoad.” Jdg 3:31 NIV

Shamgar is mentioned only twice in Scripture, and his story takes up three lines and two verses. But his impact was amazing. And it’s a challenge to all those who think, “God would never use someone like me.” He may have been the least qualified person to deliver Israel from the Philistines. For starters, he likely wasn’t even an Israelite. His name is Hurrian in the original. He could have rationalized inaction in a dozen different ways. “I don’t have the right weapon. I can’t do this by myself. These aren’t even my people.” If you look for an excuse you will always find one. If you don’t, you won’t. When it comes to making excuses, we are infinitely creative. What if we channeled that creativity into finding solutions instead of finding excuses? If we did, God could use us as an instrument to fulfill His purposes just as He used Shamgar. When God stirs your spirit or moves your heart, you cannot sit back, you’ve got to step up and step in. And when you do, it can become a defining moment in your life. Don’t worry about the results. If it’s the right thing, the results are God’s responsibility. Focus on doing right things for the right reason, and don’t buy into the lie that it can’t be done! Yes, it will take all-out effort, but you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength (See Php 4:13). A failed attempt is not failing. Failing is not trying. If you are trying, in God’s eyes you are succeeding. So grab your oxgoad—and go for it.

14 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
My brother suggested I may like this website. He was once entirely right.
This put up actually made my day. You can not believe just how so much time I had spent for
this information! Thank you!

Sat, October 6, 2018 @ 12:15 PM

2. wrote:
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something
informative to read?

Sun, October 7, 2018 @ 11:53 AM

3. wrote:
Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea
shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

Mon, October 8, 2018 @ 12:03 AM

4. wrote:
I was able to find good advice from your articles.

Tue, October 9, 2018 @ 7:52 PM

5. wrote:
I used to be able to find good information from your
blog articles.

Tue, October 16, 2018 @ 8:46 AM

6. wrote:
What's up, just wanted to say, I liked this post.
It was helpful. Keep on posting!

Fri, October 19, 2018 @ 4:23 AM

7. wrote:
I don't even understand how I stopped up right here, however I assumed this publish
was once good. I do not recognize who you are however definitely you're going
to a famous blogger for those who aren't already. Cheers!

Wed, October 24, 2018 @ 9:01 AM

8. wrote:
Hello there, You have done a great job. I'll definitely digg it and personally
recommend to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this
web site.

Wed, October 24, 2018 @ 1:48 PM

9. wrote:
I don't even know how I stopped up right here, but I
thought this submit used to be good. I don't recognise who you're
however certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already.
Cheers!

Sat, October 27, 2018 @ 1:39 PM

10. wrote:
Descargar facebook
Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year
old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic
but I had to tell someone! Descargar facebook

Fri, November 2, 2018 @ 5:26 AM

11. wrote:
I think that everything published made a ton of sense.

But, think about this, what if you typed a catchier post title?

I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your blog,
however what if you added a post title that grabbed people's attention? I
mean Be a Shamgar (1) | The Encouraging Word is a little vanilla.
You should look at Yahoo's front page and watch how they create news headlines to grab viewers to open the links.
You might add a video or a related pic or two to get readers interested
about everything've got to say. In my opinion, it would bring
your posts a little livelier.

Sat, November 3, 2018 @ 12:00 PM

12. wrote:
Descargar facebook http://twitter.com/descargar_hq descargar facebook
Hello to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this website, and your views are good for new people.
Descargar facebook http://twitter.com/descargar_hq descargar
facebook

Sun, November 4, 2018 @ 1:41 PM

13. wrote:
It's an awesome paragraph in favor of all the web visitors; they will get benefit from it I
am sure.

Mon, November 12, 2018 @ 4:49 AM

14. wrote:
Pretty component of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to say that I get actually loved account your weblog posts.
Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feeds or even I success
you get right of entry to persistently rapidly.

Wed, April 3, 2019 @ 8:30 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

The Daily Encouraging Word Online

If you like to receive The Daily Encouraging Word online, it is available by email subscription or by daily Facebook and Twitter posts. Please click on the links below for options on getting the Daily Encouraging Word. For questions email info@tewonline.org

The Daily Encouraging Word via Email

The Daily Encouraging Word via Facebook

The Daily Encouraging Word via Twitter

Sharing God's Truth With a Searching World