Be Nurturing

Be Nurturing

“Love each other as I have loved you.” Jn 15:12 NIV

When Jesus said, “Love each other,” He used the Greek word for “love,” which means to nurture. Think of a mother and her child: her love is constant and her greatest desire for that child is that they should thrive. You say, “But isn’t that the kind of love people should get somewhere else, like at home?” No, beneath the façade, some of the people in your life desperately need to be nurtured. And they’ll be influenced most by those who make them feel best about themselves. One leader writes: “Many people are very close to my heart because they believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself. They listened to me without condemnation and loved me unconditionally, even when I wasn’t very lovable. Without them, I wouldn’t have possessed the hope I needed to keep pursuing my dream.” Now, you can’t be like the little girl who came home from church and announced, “I want to be like the man who stood up in the pulpit today.” Delighted, her mom said, “You want to go into the ministry?” “No,” she replied, “I want to tell people what to do!” Hello! Some of us want to be authority figures so we can correct people and give them our so-called “constructive criticism.” Most folks don’t need a critic, they need a cheerleader. When you nurture them they will welcome you to speak into their life—and they will listen. Goethe said, “Correction does much, but encouragement does much more.” So think encouraging words and speak words of encouragement. “Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad” (Pr 12:25 NKJV).

7 comments (Add your own)

1. Jeapeeshy wrote:
Clomid Pcte Of Clomid cialis 90 Pills Extra Super Cialis

Wed, December 26, 2018 @ 11:51 AM

2. Jeapeeshy wrote:
Order Generic Tadalis Sx Soft priligy 30 mg funciona Can You Get High Offof Keflex Lioresal En Ligne Canada Elderly Using Amoxicillin With Diabeties Amoxicillin Single Dose Before Dentist Baclofene Est Il Efficace Viagra 50 Oder 100 Mg cheap cialis online Prix Du Viagra Ou Autre Cialis In Offerta

Sun, January 13, 2019 @ 9:23 PM

3. Jeapeeshy wrote:
Priligy Ereccion [url=http://cialcheap.com]cialis prices[/url] Acheter Cialis 10mg En France

Sat, January 19, 2019 @ 1:07 AM

4. Jeapeeshy wrote:
Drug Interaction Between Keflex And Osmotics [url=http://sildenaf100.com]viagra[/url] Viagra Vente Tunisie 50 Gel Oral Kamagra Paypal [url=http://orderlevi.com]levitra canada price[/url] Dog Pyometra Cephalexin Propecia Efficacy Prevacid Solutab Discount Card Propecia Kosten Apotheek [url=http://cialiorder.com]cialis canada[/url] Overnight Meds Online Proscar Propecia Finasteride

Tue, February 5, 2019 @ 3:04 AM

5. wrote:
Aw, this was a really good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to
create a very good article… but what can I say… I put things off a
whole lot and never seem to get anything done.

Sat, May 11, 2019 @ 4:46 PM

6. wrote:
Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this web site, for the reason that i want enjoyment, for the reason that this
this web page conations in fact pleasant funny information too.

Tue, July 30, 2019 @ 9:11 PM

7. wrote:
Thanks to my father who shared with me on the topic of
this webpage, this web site is genuinely awesome.

Thu, September 5, 2019 @ 1:29 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

The Daily Encouraging Word Online

If you like to receive The Daily Encouraging Word online, it is available by email subscription or by daily Facebook and Twitter posts. Please click on the links below for options on getting the Daily Encouraging Word. For questions email info@tewonline.org

The Daily Encouraging Word via Email

The Daily Encouraging Word via Facebook

The Daily Encouraging Word via Twitter

Sharing God's Truth With a Searching World