“Master”

“Master”

“Master…because you say so, I will.” Lk 5:5 NIV

The disciples were overwhelmed by a sense of failure: “We have toiled all night and caught nothing” (v. 5 NKJV). Look at them, washing their nets—the last thing fishermen do before they pack up and head for home. And that’s when Jesus showed up! He waits until you’ve reached the end of your rope, then He steps in. Why? Because as long as you think you can solve the problem on your own, you won’t reach for Him. Do you feel overwhelmed by failure today? Are you saying, “Lord, I tried so hard, but look at my marriage, my finances, my career. I’ve been mistreated and overlooked. Perhaps they’re right about me; maybe I’m not supposed to be blessed.” No, Jesus can turn your situation around if you’ll go to Him and say what Peter said: “Master…because you say so, I will.” Obedience, even when it doesn’t seem to make sense, is what leads to blessing. Notice what happened next: “They caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break” (v. 6 NIV). On the other side of your decision to obey God waits a blessing so great that it’ll also touch the lives of those around you. One word changed everything—“Master.” It’s an expression of worship. It’s an acknowledgment that He’s in control of the circumstances you’re facing. Master over weakness. Master over fear. Master over lack. Go ahead and say it: “Master, take control of things. Better still, take control of me.” Jesus had bigger things in mind for the disciples. After this miracle we read, “They…left everything and followed him” (v. 11 NIV).



7 comments (Add your own)

1. Jeapeeshy wrote:
Viagra Tschechien Rezeptfrei online pharmacy Generique Tadalis Sx Canada Levitra Generico Acquisto Farmacia Uk Lasix

Fri, March 8, 2019 @ 9:04 AM

2. Jeapeeshy wrote:
Viagra Tschechien Rezeptfrei online pharmacy Generique Tadalis Sx Canada Levitra Generico Acquisto Farmacia Uk Lasix

Fri, March 8, 2019 @ 9:04 AM

3. Jeapeeshy wrote:
Viagra Tschechien Rezeptfrei online pharmacy Generique Tadalis Sx Canada Levitra Generico Acquisto Farmacia Uk Lasix

Fri, March 8, 2019 @ 9:04 AM

4. Jeapeeshy wrote:
Viagra Tschechien Rezeptfrei online pharmacy Generique Tadalis Sx Canada Levitra Generico Acquisto Farmacia Uk Lasix

Fri, March 8, 2019 @ 9:04 AM

5. Jeapeeshy wrote:
Buy Best Price Viagra [url=http://rxasian.com]viagra[/url] Kamagra4less Viagra 26 Anos Cephalexin Oral Suspension Dosing Puppy

Sun, March 24, 2019 @ 4:16 AM

6. wrote:
naturally like your web-site but you need to check the spelling on several of your
posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality however I will certainly come back again.

Thu, May 2, 2019 @ 10:32 PM

7. wrote:
Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?

I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems
finding one? Thanks a lot!

Mon, June 10, 2019 @ 5:42 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

The Daily Encouraging Word Online

If you like to receive The Daily Encouraging Word online, it is available by email subscription or by daily Facebook and Twitter posts. Please click on the links below for options on getting the Daily Encouraging Word. For questions email info@tewonline.org

The Daily Encouraging Word via Email

The Daily Encouraging Word via Facebook

The Daily Encouraging Word via Twitter

Sharing God's Truth With a Searching World