Shalom

Shalom

Ex 33:14 NIV     “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

The Hebrew word for peace is shalom. And apart from God it will always remain a pipe dream, a philosophical fantasy, or a tantalizing fish that is just beyond your bait and hook. Marriages go awry and fall apart because we look to an imperfect mate to give us the perfect peace we’re searching for, and we discover they can’t. The story’s told of a woman at a cocktail party who was trying her best to look happy. Noticing the gargantuan sparkling rock on her finger, a guest exclaimed, “Wow! What a beautiful stone!” She replied, “Thank you. It’s the Callahan diamond.” The onlooker said, “I wish I had one!” The woman replied, “No, you don’t.” “Why not?” he asked. “Because it comes with the Callahan curse,” she replied. “The Callahan curse—what’s that?” asked the questioner. She sighed and said, “Mr. Callahan!” Perfect peace can only come from a perfect peace-giver, and the only one who meets that qualification is God. Peace isn’t the absence of problems; it’s the presence of God in the midst of your problems. What’s more, nobody ever finds peace by looking for it. Peace isn’t something you find; it finds you when you surrender your life to the One who said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Note the words “My Presence.” Only God’s presence can bring peace. The assurance of God’s love, God’s help, and God’s presence is what takes the stress out of living. Are you longing for peace today? When you surrender your life to Christ, you’ll “experience…peace…far more wonderful than the human mind can understand” (Php 4:7 TLB).

14 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
I used to be able to find good info from your content.

Fri, October 5, 2018 @ 8:47 PM

2. wrote:
Good day! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers
and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!

Sat, October 6, 2018 @ 6:04 PM

3. wrote:
Tremendous issues here. I'm very glad to see your post.

Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to touch you. Will you please
drop me a e-mail?

Sun, October 7, 2018 @ 9:29 AM

4. wrote:
Hi, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this article. It was funny.
Keep on posting!

Mon, October 8, 2018 @ 9:53 PM

5. wrote:
I always used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of net therefore from now I am using net
for articles or reviews, thanks to web.

Tue, October 9, 2018 @ 1:13 PM

6. wrote:
We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your web site provided us with helpful info to work on. You
have done an impressive job and our entire group will be thankful to you.

Wed, October 10, 2018 @ 3:36 AM

7. wrote:
We are a group of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community.

Your web site offered us with helpful information to work on.
You have performed a formidable process and our entire
community will probably be grateful to you.

Tue, October 16, 2018 @ 10:55 AM

8. wrote:
Everything is very open with a precise clarification of the challenges.
It was definitely informative. Your website is
extremely helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Fri, October 19, 2018 @ 4:49 PM

9. wrote:
Excellent article. I absolutely appreciate this site. Keep writing!

Wed, October 24, 2018 @ 4:18 AM

10. wrote:
Magnificent goods from you, man. I've remember your stuff previous to and you're just extremely wonderful.
I actually like what you have obtained right here, really like what
you're saying and the way by which you say it.

You are making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it smart.
I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a wonderful website.

Sat, October 27, 2018 @ 1:29 PM

11. wrote:
I pay a quick visit everyday a few web pages and sites to
read articles or reviews, but this blog provides quality based posts.

Mon, October 29, 2018 @ 6:37 AM

12. wrote:
It's in fact very complicated in this active life to listen news on Television, therefore I only use web for that purpose, and take the latest
information.

Mon, October 29, 2018 @ 1:22 PM

13. wrote:
Descargar facebook
I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as
nobody else know such detailed about my problem.
You are wonderful! Thanks! Descargar facebook

Fri, November 2, 2018 @ 9:32 AM

14. wrote:
You really make it seem really easy with your presentation but I
to find this matter to be really something that I think I might by no means understand.
It kind of feels too complex and very large for me. I am
taking a look ahead for your next publish, I'll attempt
to get the cling of it!

Sun, November 11, 2018 @ 7:29 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

The Daily Encouraging Word Online

If you like to receive The Daily Encouraging Word online, it is available by email subscription or by daily Facebook and Twitter posts. Please click on the links below for options on getting the Daily Encouraging Word. For questions email info@tewonline.org

The Daily Encouraging Word via Email

The Daily Encouraging Word via Facebook

The Daily Encouraging Word via Twitter

Sharing God's Truth With a Searching World