Take The High Road

Take The High Road

1Pe 3:9 NLT     “Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate.”

It’s been said that the depth of your hurt determines the width of your response. So it’s likely that when someone hurts you, your first impulse will be to get even. But any momentary satisfaction you experience will invariably be followed by a lingering sense of regret. Why is that? Because you know you’ve failed God by retaliating. We retaliate in two ways: (1) “Tit for tat.” Before you make your offender suffer, carefully consider these words: “Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone…never take revenge. Leave that to…God. For the Scriptures say, ‘I will take revenge; I will pay them back,’ says the Lord” (Ro 12:17-19 NLT). (2) By involving others. Not only do you not have the right to strike back, you don’t have the right to tear down your offender in front of others. Joseph not only refused to punish his brothers for their betrayal, he refused to publish the details to those who worked in his courts. Why? Because he saw God’s hand at work, and realized that what he’d suffered at his brothers’ hands had made him the man he was. Peter writes: “Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it” (1Pe 3:9 NLT). So if you want to walk in the blessing of God today, take the high road.

7 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your
intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog
when you could be giving us something informative to read?

Fri, May 3, 2019 @ 10:18 AM

2. wrote:
Generally I don't read post on blogs, however I would like to say that
this write-up very forced me to try and do
so! Your writing style has been amazed me.
Thank you, very nice post.

Wed, May 29, 2019 @ 1:30 PM

3. wrote:
Wow! Finally I got a web site from where I know how to truly obtain valuable facts concerning my study and knowledge.

Fri, May 31, 2019 @ 12:09 PM

4. Franinfal wrote:
Seroxat Withdrawal cialis 5 mg Phone Orders For Cheap Viagra 75 Mg Sublingual Tadalafil

Tue, June 4, 2019 @ 3:49 AM

5. wrote:
Thanks very interesting blog!

Thu, June 6, 2019 @ 10:10 AM

6. wrote:
This web site certainly has all of the info I needed about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

Mon, July 1, 2019 @ 7:51 AM

7. wrote:
I take pleasure in, lead to I found exactly what I used to be taking a look for.

You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.

Bye

Thu, July 25, 2019 @ 11:00 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

The Daily Encouraging Word Online

If you like to receive The Daily Encouraging Word online, it is available by email subscription or by daily Facebook and Twitter posts. Please click on the links below for options on getting the Daily Encouraging Word. For questions email info@tewonline.org

The Daily Encouraging Word via Email

The Daily Encouraging Word via Facebook

The Daily Encouraging Word via Twitter

Sharing God's Truth With a Searching World