The Ultimate Purpose Of Prayer

The Ultimate Purpose Of Prayer

“To be conformed to the likeness of his Son.” Ro 8:29 NIV

The Bible says, “Those God foreknew he…predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son.” When you read the preceding verses in the chapter you discover God does this through prayer. This should encourage you to pray. Many times we don’t pray because we don’t think anything’s happening. But with God, something’s always happening! We wonder, “When is He going to work?” What we fail to understand is—He’s always working. When it comes to prayer He’s either answering the way you hoped, or changing your heart through the Spirit’s intercession to bring your prayer into harmony with His will. You say, “But I don’t see anything happening.” When you plant a seed, you don’t come back the next day expecting green shoots and leaves. Does that mean nothing’s happening? No, a host of necessary processes are taking place below the ground where you can’t see them. Don’t make the mistake of thinking because you don’t see the evidence that nothing’s happening. It’s just not harvest time yet. One way in which God is making us more like Jesus is by helping us to pray the way Jesus prayed, “Not my will, but thine, be done” (Lk 22:42). That means when your prayer lines up with His will, He’s already working on it even though you can’t see it. And if your prayer isn’t in accordance with His will, He’s working to change your request by changing you. Unanswered prayer can be as big a blessing as answered prayer, when it keeps us from violating God’s will. And what is God’s will? To make you more like Jesus!

5 comments (Add your own)

1. KelInesty wrote:
Amoxicillin Buy Rx Ez Online Pharmacy Buy Viagra Usa viagra Xenical Manufacturer Coupon

Sun, June 2, 2019 @ 2:45 PM

2. KelInesty wrote:
Amoxicillin For Strep Free Levitra Vardenafil Samples viagra Propecia Direct Propecia Online Cheap 100mg Cialis Pills Propecia Effects On Women Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Tue, June 25, 2019 @ 2:36 AM

3. KelInesty wrote:
Viagra Acquisto Sicuro Stendra In Internet [url=http://cialviag.com]canadian pharmacy cialis 20mg[/url] Recommended Dosage Of Bactrim For Uti Discount Acticin Drugs Real With Free Shipping Cod Only Abortion Pill

Sun, July 7, 2019 @ 8:45 AM

4. KelInesty wrote:
150mg Clomid 50mg [url=http://ciali5mg.com]cialis[/url] Acheter Du Cytotec Sur Internet

Sat, July 20, 2019 @ 2:24 PM

5. EllLoaxia wrote:
Viamedic Coupon Propecia Veneno Sin Cialis Zollfrei [url=http://rxbill8.com]viagra vs cialis[/url] Keflex 500 Viagra 25 Forum Inderal

Thu, September 12, 2019 @ 4:37 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

The Daily Encouraging Word Online

If you like to receive The Daily Encouraging Word online, it is available by email subscription or by daily Facebook and Twitter posts. Please click on the links below for options on getting the Daily Encouraging Word. For questions email info@tewonline.org

The Daily Encouraging Word via Email

The Daily Encouraging Word via Facebook

The Daily Encouraging Word via Twitter

Sharing God's Truth With a Searching World